1) Look for help when you need it. This may be in the form of a tutor, a study group, or an instructor.
2) Schedule and plan how you will use your time. Try using a daily planner or smartphone.
3) Plan ahead, especially for tests and big projects.
4) Learn about how you learn. Are you a visual, auditory or hands-on leaner? What are your strengths and weaknesses as a student?
5) Be an active learner.
6) Create an effective study routine. Do you need the quiet of the library to study or do you focus better with background music on?
7) Organize the place where you study. Get rid of unnecessary clutter.
8) Start early. Speak with the professor or a tutor if you need help before the assignment is due.
9) Identify problems that often get in your way.
10) Ask about resources that can help you.
Source: Survival Guide for College Students with ADHD or LD by Kathleen Nadeau